Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Incomplete Manifesto for Growth


The statements that most stick out to me are numbers 1 (Allow events to change you), 9 (Begin anywhere), 12 (Keep moving), 21 (Repeat yourself) and especially 34 (Make mistakes faster). All these rules deal with the idea that you have to let yourself go and make mistakes along the way. As with number 21: “Repeat yourself. If you like it, do it again. If you don’t like it, do it again.” I have a tendency to drop something all together if it doesn’t turn out right the first time. It would do me more good to work with it again and fix it than to abandon what could have been a great idea with just a few problem spots. But number 34 is my favorite: “Make mistakes faster”. I tend to mess up and dwell on it. I never let it go and move on, and that takes time and energy. There is nothing wrong with messing up, but overcoming it is most important. It’s something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment